Post to PostMarch 15, 2010
Bumper StickerMarch 29, 2010
April is Parkinson’s Disease Awareness Month.
Any of us with Parkinson’s are already well aware of the disease. That must mean that April is our stretch of thirty days to publicly whine and curse and . . .
Oh, wait. No. I’m thinking that this month might be better spent finding ways to:
– share treatment and support information with those who are newly diagnosed.
– focus on exercise, nutrition and well-being for ourselves and our families.
– educate others about the disease to help dissuade misconceptions and fears.
– learn about the latest research: knowledge is power.
– consider taking part in a clinical trial.
– maintain a sense of humor.
– keep practicing your yoga.
– stay connected to one another.
An occasional whine is okay, too.